March 4, 2010

The Gingerbread Men Ran Away!!

This is one of my favorite times of the year.  We have many book variations of the Gingerbread Man.  Some of the books we read were The Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Boy, The Gingerbread Cowboy, The Gingerbread Girl. 

We love to do Cook -N- Books in our class so we decided to bake some gingerbread cookies.  When we went to the ovent to take them out, they were all gone!  The gingerbread boy had run away, but he left us a clue. 

We went on a hunt to find the gingerbread boy all over the school! He kept running away though. 

Finally, we found him and his friends.  They were tired and sleeping so we had to be very quiet. 


Then we had the idea to trick him, just like the fox.  So we said, "Hey gingerbread boy, why don't you hang out on my back? My arm? My neck? My nose?" And then we ate them before they could run away!